The direct descendent of the bike that started Bird is back and better than ever. Revised geometry and new CNC detailing makes the definitive aluminium hardcore hardtail tougher than ever.
• Still running either 150mm or 160mm front suspension for maximum trail hooliganism.
• Now updated to run a boost 148×12 rear wheel to increase tyre clearance
• Roomier ETT & reach sizing to match the Aeris range – 630mm ETT on the ML size with 451mm reach
• Still sporting super short chainstays for a playful ride
• Slacker head angle – 64.1 degrees static with a 160mm fork gives a confident ride in all terrain
• 27.5? x 2.8? tyre clearance
• One piece machined brake mount and dropout assembly for maximum precision and minimum squeal
• ISCG05 chain guide mount with boost/non-boost adaptor
• We’re sticking with external cable routing for easy maintenance, continuous outer gear cables for maximum cable longevity and a BSA threaded 73mm bottom bracket
• Stealth dropper seat post routing
• Tubeless set up out of the box
With full customisation, you can get the right bike at the right price. Choose from:
• Rockshox Revelation, Yari, Pike and Lyrik forks
• SRAM NX, GX Eagle, X01 and XX1 or Shimano Deore, SLX and XT drive options
• Wheels by DT Swiss and Hope
• A range of finishing parts from RaceFace, Hope and Bird
Custom Builds start from £1374:
• Bird Zero AM Frame in a choice of colours
• DT Swiss M1900 wheels (30mm Internal)
• 2018 RockShox Revelation RC fork
• SRAM 11 speed NX Groupset
• SRAM Level T brakes
• RaceFace Ride seat post, bars and stem & Half Nelson Grips
• Fabric Scoop Saddle
• Cane Creek 40 headset
• Choice of Maxxis Tyres, shipped tubeless set up
“With the Zero AM boost update we’ve brought in additional quality and refinements to the already popular design, without compromising it. The new boost spacing and revised geo brings it up to date with our Aeris full suspension bikes but doesn’t loose any of the easy to live with, great to ride characteristics of the original.
I think for sometime its been our signature hardtail, racking up multiple wins and series victories in enduro races across the UK. We’d even go as far as to say it’s possibly the winning-est enduro hard tail the UK ever has seen. Fans of the original will be happy to see the lineage continue, only even better. Dave liked the 2nd generation prototype of this new version so much he’s kept it as his own and has been riding it round our local trails for months. So much for keeping things under wraps!”
Please email [email protected] or call 0118 996 0382 if you have any questions.
Looking for an alpine biking holiday next summer? We have most excellent news for you!
Following the demise of one of the biggest MTB holiday providers in the area last year, the options for guided chalet holidays in Les Arcs had slimmed down considerably. Well, The Inside Line MTB is stepping it up a notch for 2018 to help fill the void. French-qualified mountain bike guide Emily Horridge is the brains behind The Inside Line, and is super-excited to be able to put this together for next summer with a sweet chalet including a massive garage for all the bikes, a garden to chill in with a beer, a trail to the door and a lift 30 seconds from it.
Building on over 10 years of guiding and chalet hosting knowledge, Emily and her team know exactly how to put together a fantastic week to give you an unforgettable holiday experience that’ll leave you wanting to come back for more.
Earlier today British Cycling announced the dates the 2018 HSBC UK National Downhill Series and HSBC UK National Downhill Championships, which will take place in Glencoe from July 21-22.
Jonathan Day, British Cycling’s head of sport, said: “We’re delighted to announce the dates for the 2018 HSBC UK National Downhill Series after a fantastic series in 2017, and it’s great that we’re able to bring the HSBC UK National Downhill Championships to Glencoe for the first time.” Read the full story on British Cycling here.
2018 HSBC UK National Downhill Series
Fort William (C1)
30 June-1 July
2018 HSBC UK National Downhill Championships