The Downhill World Champs would not be the same if bike manufacturers didn’t give their designers the green light to go ahead and create unique frames for this special event of the season. The big show in Val Di Sole is YT’s first time at the World Champs and of course they want to celebrate this with a very own Special Edition World Champ TUES.
YT’s creative heads didn’t waste any time and started with the first sketches right away. After all, a special project far off from mass production triggers any designer’s artistic ambitions. The guys wanted to create something that sparks interest and happiness by just simply looking at it; a true collector’s item for fans and the riders.
The designers of Aaron Gwin’s World Champs bike definitely achieved just that. The focus was put into a subtle Stars & Stripes theme. No kitsch, no candy. Instead, fine details of the US flag can be found on the bike. The colors used are in a perfect harmony and the matte finish gives the bike a touch of understatement.
• e*thirteen LG1 Carbon Cranks
• e*thirteen LG1 Carbon DH Wheelsets and Cassette
• e*thirteen LG1 Carbon Chainguide
• Onza Ibex DHC Tires, 27.5 x 2.40
• TRP Quadiem SL Brakes
• Renthal Fatbar Carbon Handlebars and Integra Stem
• Fox 40 RC2 Kashima Forks and DHX2 10.5 x 3.5 Shock
• SDG I-Fly 2.0 Seat and Micro Carbon I-Beam Seat Post
• HT X2 Pedals
• ODI Grips
• Cane Creek 40 Headsets
• SRAM X01 Derailleur and XX1 Chain
• Lubricated and cleaned with Motorex products