The direct descendent of the bike that started Bird is back and better than ever. Revised geometry and new CNC detailing makes the definitive aluminium hardcore hardtail tougher than ever.
• Still running either 150mm or 160mm front suspension for maximum trail hooliganism.
• Now updated to run a boost 148×12 rear wheel to increase tyre clearance
• Roomier ETT & reach sizing to match the Aeris range – 630mm ETT on the ML size with 451mm reach
• Still sporting super short chainstays for a playful ride
• Slacker head angle – 64.1 degrees static with a 160mm fork gives a confident ride in all terrain
• 27.5? x 2.8? tyre clearance
• One piece machined brake mount and dropout assembly for maximum precision and minimum squeal
• ISCG05 chain guide mount with boost/non-boost adaptor
• We’re sticking with external cable routing for easy maintenance, continuous outer gear cables for maximum cable longevity and a BSA threaded 73mm bottom bracket
• Stealth dropper seat post routing
• Tubeless set up out of the box
With full customisation, you can get the right bike at the right price. Choose from:
• Rockshox Revelation, Yari, Pike and Lyrik forks
• SRAM NX, GX Eagle, X01 and XX1 or Shimano Deore, SLX and XT drive options
• Wheels by DT Swiss and Hope
• A range of finishing parts from RaceFace, Hope and Bird
Custom Builds start from £1374:
• Bird Zero AM Frame in a choice of colours
• DT Swiss M1900 wheels (30mm Internal)
• 2018 RockShox Revelation RC fork
• SRAM 11 speed NX Groupset
• SRAM Level T brakes
• RaceFace Ride seat post, bars and stem & Half Nelson Grips
• Fabric Scoop Saddle
• Cane Creek 40 headset
• Choice of Maxxis Tyres, shipped tubeless set up
“With the Zero AM boost update we’ve brought in additional quality and refinements to the already popular design, without compromising it. The new boost spacing and revised geo brings it up to date with our Aeris full suspension bikes but doesn’t loose any of the easy to live with, great to ride characteristics of the original.
I think for sometime its been our signature hardtail, racking up multiple wins and series victories in enduro races across the UK. We’d even go as far as to say it’s possibly the winning-est enduro hard tail the UK ever has seen. Fans of the original will be happy to see the lineage continue, only even better. Dave liked the 2nd generation prototype of this new version so much he’s kept it as his own and has been riding it round our local trails for months. So much for keeping things under wraps!”
Please email [email protected] or call 0118 996 0382 if you have any questions.