Are you passionate about learning and teaching? Looking for a way to get more involved in the mountain biking community? Or do you have the technical skills and want to share the fun of mountain biking with others? Then join Evergreen’s Volunteer Instructor Team and help expand our sport by helping others progress their mountain biking skills!
Becoming an Evergreen Instructor is a great way to improve your own technical and teaching skills, as well as connect with a great community of mountain bikers. Evergreen MTB is now accepting applications for our Instructor Program for the 2016 Education season. Our official teaching season runs April – October. Check out the commitments below to see what needs to be completed within that time frame.
Evergreen trains instructors through our Certified Instructor Training Program in exchange for your volunteer commitment. If you are interested, please complete the Instructor Application and return it via email to Mike Sidwell.
Special considerations to bear in mind:
• This is a volunteer position.
• Due to popular demand, we are in greatest need for additional female instructors and advanced riders, but we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
• Applications are due by February 21st.
Minimum Requirements (in chronological order) to become an Evergreen Instructor:
• Submit an Instructor application by Sunday, February 21st.
• Complete a phone interview with Mike Sidwell by March 4th.
• Attend the instructor ride interview on Sunday, March 6th.
• Complete the Evergreen Certified Instructor Training Program
? April 1st (Friday evening), April 2nd & April 3rd (all day Saturday and Sunday)
• Attend CPR/First Aid training, if not certified – dates to be determined
• Undergo background check
• Teach or assist in ten classes between April through October
• Attend team meetings
To submit your application or if you have any questions – contact Mike Sidwell.